Monday, June 29, 2015

My daughter turns 25... night sky card!



Hello and welcome,
So my youngest daughter, Hannah, turns 25 on July 1st! She is a Trekkie and a Whovian (Dr Who fan). I did this night sky scene about a month ago in playing around and hadn't decided what to do with it. I decided since she's a space lover it would behoove me to use it for her card!

The background is a lot of different distress inks and some Perfect Pearls for shimmer, white gel pen for faraway stars and splatters of white pearl and silver paint. I used some embossing paste (my first time after having it for a year!) for the stars and colored it with silver paint from Adirondack. I did smear some of the paint under the star stencil and actually threw away my first attempt! But I persevered and like what I ended up with!


I die cut the numbers, ampersand and "awesome" from heavy weight black and white cardstock and stacked the numbers. All the black got a coat of Wink of Stella to add to the shimmery night time effect, even around the border! I adhered the night sky panel to black foam to pop it up and then to a heavy weight black cardstock base.

I added a Dr Who quote on the inside in white gel pen:
"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" (Season 6, Episode 4)

I think she will like it! Happy 25, Hannah!!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supplies:
Paper: Gina K Designs (black), Neenah Solar White 80#, Strathmore watercolor
Ink: Ranger distress inks
Accessories/Tools: Vagabond, Wink of Stella, sequins, Adirondack paint, Wendy Vecchi embossing paste
Dies: Avery Elle? (numbers), Memory Box? (letters)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Challenges:
Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Color Challenge 2
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous card! Love that night sky!! So pretty! I'm sure your daughter will love it!! Happy Birthday to her!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I love to know if you have stopped by my blog! Thank you in advance!